This year we have seen a range of proposed amendments and adoption of a number of new provisions in the City Plan 2014, including:
- Latest scheme amendment v17.00/2019 – effective on 29 November 2019, including administrative updates, increased car parking rates for multiple dwellings and updates to the biodiversity, heritage, pre-1911 buildings overlays and addition of the new Key civic space and iconic vistas overlay.
- Major Amendment Package H (restricting townhouses from low density areas) is currently being reviewed by State Government and is to be adopted mid- 2020.
- Multiple neighbourhood plans currently in various stages of progress, including the adoption of the Banyo-Northgate, Gap and Coorparoo and Districts Neighbourhood Plans.
We recommend that anyone with property interests in these areas familiarise themselves with the new and proposed changes which may affect development opportunities.
We also saw a number of previously approved KRA projects successfully constructed and completed, and provided updates on:
- State Government Draft Model Code for Neighbourhood Design – (A code for Reconfiguring a Lot);
- Brisbane City Council Development Assurance Auditing Program; and
- Show Cause and Enforcement Notices
We will continue to provide updates for new and important information to our valued clients and industry contacts in the New Year.
Reminder – Christmas Period Closures
A reminder that Councils have an assessment blackout period from 26 December 2019 to 1 January 2020. Please factor this in to your project timeframes.
This year our office closes from midday Friday 20th December and re-opens on Monday 6 January with half staff and 13 January with full staff. We will continue to monitor our emails during that time for any urgent matters.
We wish you a happy and safe holiday season and look forward to working with you in 2020.
To view this post as a PDF click here.